Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Game addiction



Over the holidays, my boyfriend introduced me this game called the Clash of Clans which you can only play on mobile. I've known this game for quite some time since my boyfriend started playing it few months back, only this time he encouraged me to play it since i'm so dead bored at home over the holiday season. 

So, this game is some sort of a combat strategy game where you're given an innocent village to start with and from there on, you'll have to build even more stuffs such as the army barracks, army camp, cannons etc. And basically the goal is to produce more money and elixir from the gold and elixir extractor, build more buildings and defences, defend your own village with whatever defences you've built, (eg: cannons, mortars, archer towers etc), train your army to be better and meaner to attack other villages to loot their resources and to earn trophies, vice versa and this will just go on and on and on, only with better defences and army each time you level up your buildings/defences and by doing so, you'll have to constantly level up everything you have, and the most ridiculous part is that the time of building it will increase as the level goes up. 

My take on this game is that I'm not a patient person and I detest the concept of waiting, let alone waiting for people to "help" you with your quest to go over the next level such experienced in Candy Crush and Kitchen Scramble or even waiting for your energy level to be refilled over time. It's absolutely über frustrating!  BUT, as time goes on (and this kinda happen to most of the games i've played) I got hooked to it. Partly because you're having your boyfriend constantly giving you support to be patient and advice on the best strategy to win an attack, and also because I am so in loved with their video ad! (You can watch them here) The characters portrayed by the ad are made to be so lovable and humorous that I even started a fan art on that game, did 2 version even!

Bottom line is, I am still unsure how long am I gonna stick with this game. It's probably seasonal, like how it happened to Candy Crush and Kitchen Scramble, and I AM SO GLAD that I finally made it to the top rank in Tetris battle for the 6p category. Now, I don't need to be so bothered by losing stars and the constant checking of my energy bar to make it to the top, and the constant procrastination over this game.



Cheers


Copyright © halie2406 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment