Friday, November 29, 2013

I'm so hooked to rice paper wrappers!


Few days ago, I've bumped into this recipe called the Bacon Wrapped Avocado Fries. (You can try their recipe here) The name interest me because they consist of 2 of my favourite food-Bacon and Avocado! So I tried this recipe and the wrapping was tricky. Probably my bacon strip wasn't long enough or probably it's the avocado fries wasn't small enough. Either way. 

So based on the recipe, you'll have to precook the bacon strips so it will turn out nice and crispy when you bake it again with the avocado slice, which I did, but the bacon shrinks down a little and could hardly wrap the avocado. Probably just the middle part of it, and it kept falling off. So what I did instead is, just wrap them up with rice paper instead. No extra baking and though it might seem weird, It tastes heavenly! Well at least for me. :D Besides, rice paper wrappers are so versatile you can wrap anything!




Cheers


Copyright © halie2406 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment